The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) has announced its keynote speakers for AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2018, the industry’s largest trade show, from April 30 to May 3 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
The experts will present keynotes, sponsored by Northrop Grumman, devoted to themes critical to the advancement and growth of unmanned systems. More than 8,500 industry leaders and forward-thinking users from the defense and commercial sectors are expected to attend the show to learn the latest on public policy, business solutions, and technology applications.
The main speakers and topics are:
Tuesday, May 1: The Unmanned Economy
The opening keynote will highlight how unmanned systems are changing the way we work, live and play. Industry thought leaders will discuss how the technology is influencing Industry 4.0; the automation of technology, emerging opportunities, potential challenges and the workforce of the future.
- David Autor, Ford Professor of Economics and associate head, Department of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Michael Chasen, CEO, PrecisionHawk
Wednesday, May 2: The Unmanned Lifestyle
These keynotes will build on the ideas and concepts presented the previous day to explore the cross section between technology and society. From the emergence of artificial intelligence in our lives, to unmanned systems and robotics in the military, to the automated delivery of medication and vaccines to remote areas around the globe and everything in between, this session will explore what these advancements mean today and in the future.
- Zeynep Tufekci, associate professor, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina
- Stephanie Hill, senior vice president of Corporate Strategy and Business Development, Lockheed Martin
- Eduardo Martinez, president, the UPS Foundation, and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, UPS
Thursday, May 3: Unmanned for Good
These keynotes are dedicated to exploring the humanitarian and public safety applications of unmanned systems to provide aid and support. This interactive discussion with first responders who conducted unmanned missions in response to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, as well as recent wildfires, will highlight the lifesaving benefits of the technology in emergencies. The recipients of the AUVSI XCELLENCE Humanitarian Awards, sponsored by DJI, will be also be announced during this session.
- Chris Hernandez, sector vice president, Research, Technology and Engineering, Northrop Grumman
- Keynote Panel: Unmanned Systems Respond to Disaster
- Charles L. Werner, Charlottesville Fire Chief Emeritus and chair, National Council on Public Safety UAS, moderator
- Robin Murphy, Raytheon Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Thomas Madigan, commander, Alameda County (California) Sheriff’s Office
- Mike Morgan, director, Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control
AUVSI president and CEO Brian Wynne said: “We are pleased to welcome this exceptional line-up of experts to keynote the themed sessions at XPONENTIAL 2018. These outstanding speakers will enhance XPONENTIAL’s educational programming by lending their expertise, experience and unique perspective in unmanned systems, giving attendees a priceless opportunity to apply critical learning to real-life business challenges.”