Xenics introduces Manx R series SWIR camera
The Manx R camera series has been announced as the latest linescan shortwave infrared (SWIR) cameras from Xenics.
The Manx R series is the rectangular pixel version of the Manx linescan SWIR camera, the fastest commercially available linescan camera designed for industrial applications such as Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (SD-OCT) or spectroscopy systems for e.g. laser wavelength measurement.
Having released the new Wildcat camera in February, Xenics is accelerating the pace of innovation. The release of the Manx R Series confirms the company’s ability to provide customers with best-in-class products.
The Manx R series consist of six new high-speed linescan cameras based on rectangular pixels: 512, 1024 and 2048 pixels, each available both in a 128 kHz line-rate version or in a 256 kHz line-rate version.
In order to accommodate the high speeds these cameras can achieve, all are offered with a CoaXPress interface.
Based on the Xenics readout circuit already proven in the Manx SQ (square pixel) series, the Manx R series offers similar outstanding performance in terms of:
- Speed: up to 256 kHz which exceeds any other SWIR linescan family of cameras worldwide
- Resolution: 2048 pixels which is the highest resolution in the SWIR linescan market
- Noise: as low as 350 electrons • Dynamic range: up to 70 dB
- Four programmable gains, with full well capacities ranging from 290 thousand electrons to 35 million electrons
The use of CoaXPress interfacing enables fast and reliable data transfer. As all Xenics industrial products, GenICam™ compliance is ensured to provide ease-of-integration with standard industrial software suites.
Very demanding applications requiring rectangular pixels such as OCT or Laser Wavelength analysis will benefit from the high speed, the high resolution, the high dynamic range and the low noise.
With these new six members, the Manx family now covers a broad range of applications such as:
- Linescan imaging such as Food Sorting
- Silicon Wafer Inspection
- TFT Screen Inspection
- Glass Inspection, etc where square pixels are needed
- OCT or spectroscopy systems for Laser Wavelength Analysis where a rectangular pixel is a must
Thanks to its 12 cameras, the Manx series opens new horizons for industrial inspection and research-and-development.